Human Capital Management Promotional Structure
Human Capital Management
Our Basic Policy
The Basic Management Policy of ROHM Group specifies “Maintain healthy and vigorous lifestyles and refine intellect and humanitarianism, hence contributing to society.” Based on this, ROHM Group established the new vision of “creating a creating happy workplace ” in FY2019. “A workplace where people shine” refers to realizing organizations and workplaces where each employee can demonstrate their utmost performance and, by extension, enable the growth of the company and individuals. In addition, in order to achieve this, it is necessary to not only promote human capital development and diversity, but also maintain and improve the creation of a workplace environment in which employees can continue to work with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment.
ROHM respects the humanity and diversity of each of its employees, and in accordance with the “Labor Policy” in which it states that it will create a worker-friendly workplace environment, it will make continual improvements led by the Human resources division and advisory committees to realize this vision.
"Respect for Humanity and Personality“
ROHM Group will respect the humanity and personality of each employee, and ensure sound and stable lives of the Group's employees. In addition, ROHM Group will comply with international standards of conduct and related laws and regulations of each country and region, and will encourage an open and comfortable office environment that respects cultural diversity, different customs, and other values.
ROHM Group will act as specified below in accordance with this Policy.
- 1.1 Maintenance and improvement of labor conditions:
- ROHM Group will value the individuality of each and every employee. The Group aim to build diversified systems to handle personnel and employment as well as improve working conditions, in order for employees to feel affluent and comfortable.
- 1.2 Safe and comfortable office environment:
- ROHM Group strives to secure a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment. In order to prevent work-related accidents, the Group will comply with relevant laws and regulations, and in line with international standards (OHSAS18001), make every effort to maintain occupational health and safety management programs. If any accident occurs in the workplace, the Group will promptly take appropriate measures, and strive to prevent the expansion and recurrence. In addition, the Group will not engage any employee under the minimum age provided for in international standards of conduct, and in related laws and regulations of each country and region, in jobs that endanger their health and safety. Clean toilet facilities and drinking water stations are provided in the workplace, in addition to facilities for providing meals with proper hygienic control, and in case residential facilities would be provided, efforts will be made to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- 1.3 Realization of work-life balance:
- ROHM Group realizes that there are diverse working styles. The Group will support work-life balance and strive to maximize possibilities in promoting job satisfaction.
- 1.4 Respect for privacy:
- ROHM Group will respect the privacy of individuals. The Group will pay close attention when dealing with personal data and ensure the appropriate management of it.
- 1.5 Respect for human rights and prohibition of discrimination:
- ROHM Group will respect human rights and other rights of everyone. The Group will not allow discriminatory words, behavior, or treatment.
- 1.6 Understanding of diversity:
- ROHM Group will strive to act in ways that respect the diversity of cultures, religions, customs, systems and other values of each country and region. Furthermore, efforts shall be made to provide reasonable accommodation for religious practices at workplaces with numerous employees who need such special facility.
- 1.7 Humane treatment:
- ROHM Group will work to prevent harassment and inhuman treatment in the workplace, including sexual harassment, physical or mental oppression, and verbal abuse, and will define disciplinary policies and procedures to eliminate the threat of the foregoing treatment and make those policies and procedures known to every employment.
- 1.8 Right to work:
- ROHM Group will not employ any forced, bonded, or inhumane labor. All work will be voluntary, and the Group will allow employees to freely leave their job by offering to terminate their employment in accordance with the standards provided for by the relevant laws and regulations of each country and region. In addition, the Group will allow employees to leave the workplace during periods in which they do not engage in work in accordance with internal rules. As employment conditions, the Group will not require employees to surrender their identification card or pay unlawful fees, and will disclose any and all fees incurred by employees. The Group will work to notify employees of labor conditions in writing and verbally so that they are able to understand the contents thereof.
- 1.9 Prohibition of child labor:
- ROHM Group will not employ any person under the minimum employment age provided for in international standards of conduct, and in related laws and regulations. The Group will establish a system to enable the use of job-training programs in compliance with laws and regulations. In addition, the Group will not engage employees under the age of eighteen (18) in jobs that endanger their health and safety.
- 1.10 Working hours:
- ROHM Group will not require employees to work above and beyond the working hours provided for by international standards of conduct, and related laws and regulations, except in emergencies or unusual situations. Furthermore, the Group will strive to prevent overworking that impairs the physical or mental health of the employees, and allow them to have appropriate break time in accordance with related laws and regulations, as well as at least one day off per seven-day week. Also, leave of absence shall be granted without imposing disciplinary actions in case of injury, illness or childbirth, by following the procedures established by each country and region, and by the Group.
- 1.11 Wages and benefits:
- ROHM Group will pay wages and overtime allowances to employees without delay in compliance with international standards of conduct and related laws and regulations. The Group will communicate appropriately in writing the working hours, the basis for payment of overtime allowances, and other details to employees, and appropriately retain the records thereof including taxes, social insurance premiums, and other deductions. In addition, the Group will not deduct wages in excess of the basis provided for in related laws and regulations as a disciplinary measure.
- 1.12 Freedom of association:
- ROHM Group will respect the employees' right of freedom of association as well as their right to join or not to join labor unions in accordance with international standards of conduct and related laws and regulations. In addition, the Group will work to provide opportunities for employees to have frank discussions with management about working conditions and management practices without fear of reprisal, intimidation, or harassment.
- 2. Management System
- ROHM Group will build a management system to observe this Policy and work on the continual improvement of this Policy. The management system will be designed to ensure compliance with applicable international standards of conduct, related laws and regulations, and customer requirements, and the identification and mitigation of operational risks related to this Policy.
- 2.1 Responsibility:
- ROHM Group will operate the management system in accordance with this Policy approved by top management as provided for in in-house rules.
- 2.2 Identification of representative:
- ROHM Group will identify an internal representative responsible for ensuring implementation of the management system and related items. The top management will review the status of the management system on a regular basis.
- 2.3 Legal and customer requirements:
- ROHM Group will define the procedures for identifying, monitoring, and understanding international standards of conduct, related laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- 2.4 Risk assessment and risk management:
- ROHM Group will define the procedures for identifying risks involved in the Group's business activities, determining the relative significance of each risk, managing the identified risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- 2.5 Improvement objectives:
- ROHM Group will define improvement objectives and implementation plans, and periodically assess the achievement of those objectives in order to fulfill its social responsibilities.
- 2.6 Training:
- ROHM Group will provide training to employees to implement this Policy and the improvement objectives, and to meet requirements in international standards of conduct and related laws and regulations, as well as customer requirements.
- 2.7 Communication to employees, etc.:
- ROHM Group will define the procedures for communicating this Policy, improvement objectives, and the assessment of the achievement thereof to employees, suppliers, and customers in a clear and accurate way.
- 2.8 Participation of employees:
- ROHM Group will define the procedures for assessing employee's understanding of matters provided for in this Policy and making sustained improvements to this Policy based on those assessment results.
- 2.9 Audits and assessments:
- ROHM Group will conduct periodic self-assessments to ensure conformity with international standards of conduct, related laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- 2.10 Corrective and preventive action:
- ROHM Group will define procedures for correcting and preventing within an appropriate period of time the recurrence of defects/inadequacies detected in the course of internal or external audits.
- 2.11 Documentation and records:
- ROHM Group will create and retain records related to the management system in accordance with international standards of conduct, related laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- 2.12 Supplier responsibility:
- ROHM Group will define procedures for communicating requirements provided for in this Policy to suppliers and monitoring the compliance of the suppliers with this Policy.
Labor and Ethics Management System
Risks and issues related to labor ethics in ROHM Group are managed according to the following procedure to make continual improvements.
Organization and Promotional Structure
In order to realize an organization in which each employee’s individuality is utilized to reach their full their potential, leading to their own growth and a sense of fulfillment, it is necessary to understand the potential and manifest factors inhibiting this, identify these as important issues for the Group, and resolve or make improvements to address them.
ROHM Group holds a Japan HR(Human Resource) leaders meeting and Global HR leaders meeting on an annual basis, bringing all of its HR officers from across the group together to share the challenges and goals of each company.
This framework allows us to identify and share issues at each site and across groups, speed up responses to similar problems, prevent them from happening again, and roll out best practices across the Group.
As described above, ROHM Group is addressing the “fulfillment and growth of employees” as a theme, and the establishment and creation of a workplace environment forming the foundation for this is an essential element for the company.
At ROHM, the Advisory Committee on ‘Decent Work’ and the Work-Style Reform Committee play a central role working together to create a workplace environment in which employees can work with peace of mind in addition to mental and physical health.