Human Capital Development
Human Capital Management
Our Basic Policy
ROHM Group has clearly established how to develop personnel through training in its "Basic Goals for Education and Training" within in its corporate goals and policies that have existed as a universal philosophy since ROHM was founded.
Basic Goals for Education and Training
- Develop personnel at all levels to constantly strive to obtain new knowledge and to acquire empirical reasoning ability from a broad perspective.
- Train staff to be dedicated as leaders in their field by utilising their knowlegde and experience.
- Develop personnel who can overcome any adversity and strive towards achieving targets.
- Train staff to place the highest value on teamwork, resulting from the combined efforts of all individuals.
In addition, based on ROHM Group CSR materiality, we have developed an education system to cultivate global human capital who can contribute to the international community," such as proactively providing opportunities to participate in both internal and external training employees themselves chose.
By fostering a work environment in which employees can feel their growth and have a sense of fulfillment, we will improve the performance of employees and eventually lead to the growth of the company.
For Achieving and implementing corporate objectives and policies, ROHM Group have established an education and training system based on these four training course, and provide employees with various educational opportunities.
- 1. Training by Job Grade
- A place for employees to acquire the knowledge, skills, and mindset needed for each grade, and for employees of similar ages and roles to interact and communicate across divisional boundaries
- 2. Management Training
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills needed to fulfil the role of organizational head
- 3. Career Development Training
- Focus on the individual's career, regardless of grade or role, think about one's own career with a self-directed attitude, and develop the ability to take action to fulfil one's own self-realization
- 4. OJT and specialist education programs
- Education through actual duties in individual workplaces
In-house Training Program
|Category||Main Training Courses||Objectives||Number of Times Held
|Number of Employee Joined|
|Training by job grade||Training for new graduates||As well as learning the basics of being a member of working society and business etiquette (sosial basic abilities), new employees will learn about the way Rohm thinks as a company, about how to approach their work, and other matters.||1||182||198||232|
|Follow up training for new graduates||In the second or third year after joining ROHM, employees reflect on their experiences with others who joined at the same time, and renew their goals to follow up with behavior for developing autonomy and building their own careers.||2||233||372||297|
|New job grade training||Training to acquire the knowledge, skills, and mindset required of each grade. Through the company's objectives and policies, newly-promoted employees will think about the expectations of their roles going forward and set action goals.||7||304||282||252|
|Management training||Management training (by role)||Acquire basic knowledge and skill required for manager. Get the result by motivating team and staff through good communication.||3||83||77||102|
|Assessment training||Assessed management skill and analyze strength and weakness. Have good observation for own management style to change organization management better.||4||76||37||43|
|Career development training||Career designing program||Focus on the individual's career, regardless of grade or role, think about one's own career with a self-directed attitude, and develop the ability to take action to fulfil one's own self-realization.||2||0||46||27|
|A program that cultivates people with broad horizons, by giving them experiences of different cultures and duties.
(Opportunities are provided through work in other departments, Group companies and overseas offices while still junior employees to learn about the conditions and issues in each of these workplaces in addition to diverse values.)
|Mentor/Mentee training||To foster a culture of human resource development through developing new employees.||10||252||269||312|
|-||To support the self-development of employees, this is a program that will pay half the tuition of predetermined correspondence courses for those who have successfully completed courses (ceiling amount established).||-||135||102||38|
|Learning language abroad system||-||To support acquisition of the language skills required for carrying out business overseas, this is a program that allows one to four weeks of study at a language school in the Philippines.||-||9||7||0|
Training to Instill Corporate Objectives and Basic Management Policies
ROHM carries out training to instill corporate objectives and learn basic management policies. The objective is to enable all ROHM Group employees to engage in their operations with an awareness of their raison d'etre as well as the direction to take and goals to aim for as a company, and help them achieve established targets.