Preservation of the Global Environment
We believe that corporate activity that contributes to the environment means making environmentally-friendly products, while at the same time, reducing the environmental footprint of their production. To achieve this, we have established an Environmental Policy and are pursuing a range of environmental protection activities.
ROHM's everlasting conscientiousness to preserve the global environment contributes to the healthy existence of humanity and to the continued prosperity of the company.
- Conserve energy by initiating innovative methods in all corporate activities.
- Develop environmentally-conscious products that minimize the environmental burden by employing responsible processes throughout the life cycle of each product.
- Give priority to the procurement of materials and products that have the least levels of adverse impact on the environment.
- Promote effective utilization of resources and strive for the prevention of pollution and conservation of biodiversity toward the realization of a sustainable society.
- Comply with international and national environmental laws and regional agreements and other customer requirements to which we have agreed.
- Endeavor to train employees and encourage our constituents to actively care for their surroundings and the global environment.
- Develop positive relationships with the community through contributions to the local environment and the proper disclosure of environmental data.
- Continuously improve subjects by creating and carrying out the environmental objectives, and their action plans to enhance environmental performance.
ROHM's Approaches toward Global Environmental Conservation
ROHM has been working on a variety of environmental conservation activities centering on the Environmental Policy.
We believe that corporate activities contributing to the environment are to manufacture environmentally friendly products and yet to reduce our own environmental impact in manufacturing them. Particularly for the prevention of global warming, we are active in a range of the reduction of CO₂ and other greenhouse gases emitted from our business operations.
In addition, we will define long-term environmental targets and policy from the perspective of biodiversity, and have approaches to realize sustainable society.
Environmental Objectives for 2020
Response to Legal Requirements
We shall certainly comply with environmental laws and requirements relating to all business activities and voluntarily promote to reduce the environmental impacts.
Objectives and Targets of Voluntary Activities
1. CO₂ production countermeasures in each site
- Work to help stop global warming through overall energy conservation and the reduction of global greenhouse gas emission.
- Reduce CO₂ emission by 25% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY2005.
- Reduce CO₂ emission(per production unit) by 50% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY1990.
- Reduce global greenhouse gas emission (PFC's, SF6, and etc.) by minimum 50% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY1995.
2. CO₂ countermeasures through value chain
- With the scientific techniques and various kinds of calculation tools including LCA, CO₂ reduction activities are promoted.
By developing the environmentally-conscious products in alignment with 'NEXT50', contribution to the CO₂ reduction at the time of use is considered.
- Reduce CO₂ emission through the value chain by 10% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY2010.
- Increase the ratio of environmentally-conscious products developments to 100% by FY2020.
3. Reduction of environmental impact
- Reduce the amount of materials discharged to the air and water, and strive to preserve the Global environment.
- Reduce the amount of handling volume of PRTR substances (per production unit) by 10% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY2010.
- Reduce VOC emission by 40% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY2000.
4. Effective use of resources
- Strive for the effective use of valuable resources and the protection of water resources that are fundamental to environmental biodiversity.
- Maintain zero emission in domestic group consolidated and reduce waste generation (per production unit) by 40% by FY2020 from the actual results of FY2000.
- Reduce waste generation(per production unit) in overseas group consolidated by 60% by FY2020 from the actual results of FY2000.
- Reduce water input volume by 10% in FY2020 from the actual results of FY2009.
5. Promotion of original environmental activities in each site
- In consideration of the environmental impact in site, implementation of a new project, etc., set up an original target and carry out an environmental activity.
- Considering it as the activity which can be completed at a given single fiscal year, the objectives does not set it.